By using this website you consent to our use of these cookies.
Emerald, Bluetooth temperature data logger
Bluetooth-enabled data logger for monitoring temperature during shipping
Automated monitoring for transport & logistics
- Compact and robust data logger with user-changeable battery
- Ensure quality control for products, manage public health and sanitary risks.
- Collect and forward data to the Cloud using your smartphone wirelessly even through packaging
- Designed for high-volume scenarios thanks to automated data collection tools
- Real-time monitoring on driver’s smartphone
The latest generation of OCEASOFT’s Emerald data logger monitors temperature throughout your products’ entire shipping cycle.
- Robust and cost-effective
- Accessible and secure data
- Simple use and configuration
- NF EN 12830, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, GDP, HACCP
- Interface with third-party systems
How does Emerald work?
- The latest generation Emerald module, a small footprint Bluetooth-enabled temperature sensor, fits neatly inside nearly any type of container, compartment, or enclosure. Programming is fast and easy using the free OCEAView mobile application for iOS and Android.
- With Bluetooth wireless technology, sensor readings can be collected, even through packaging, at any time.
- Data is recorded in Emerald memory, then typically transmitted to the OCEACloud platform via one or more smartphones during the mission. Once on the web, data is accessible 24/7 via the OCEAView web application from any smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- You can simplify wireless data collection with the optional OCEABridge gateway, which collects and uploads data to the Cloud automatically.
- The system sends notification by e-mail if out-of-bounds conditions are detected.
The benefits of Emerald
- Robust traceability for your sensitive products on-the-go
- Read data wirelessly through packaging with Bluetooth Low Energy technology
- Multiple parameters: temperature monitoring (soon to be completed with shock, tipping, pressure, and light sensors)
- Several startup options to ensure that data logging begins at the right time for your scenario
- Automatic alert notification by e-mail (data must first be sent to the OCEACloud platform)
- Secure data, accessible and auditable
- Simplified maintenance: user-replaceable battery, over-the-air firmware upgrades
- Helps you stay in compliance with the strictest regulatory requirements: NF EN 12830, 21 CFR Part 11, GDP, HACCP, Hygiene Pack
- Interface with third-party systems via API
- Data logger compliant with NF EN 12830, and developed according to FDA 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines
- Bluetooth Low Energy wireless technology: free-field range up to 50 meters
- Temperature ranges: -40°C to +85°C with an internal sensor, or -200°C to +200°C with external Pt100 sensor (target range depends on selected sensor; Pt100 sensor available for first generation Emerald modules, available soon for second generation)
- Other parameters available soon: shock, tipping, pressure, and light detection
- Mission programming, tracking, and data transmission to Cloud with OCEAView Mobile for iOS and Android. Cloud access to data with OCEAView Web application
- Up to 16,000 readings stored in internal memory; unlimited storage on OCEACloud
- Automated data collection for numerous Emerald modules using optional OCEABridge receiver and Cloud gateway
- Reports generated in Microsoft Excel and PDF formats
- GPS coordinates can be included (optionally) when data is read by smartphone
- Automatic alert notification by e-mail (data must first be sent to OCEACloud platform)
- Replaceable battery offering about 1 year battery life (depending on usage and environmental conditions)
- Sensor calibration options by OCEASOFT laboratory: ISO/IEC 17025 (COFRAC) accredited, OCEASOFT certified, or NIST traceable
- May also be used as a remote wireless sensor with Cobalt X data loggers (check for availability)
- Dimensions: 50 Ø x 20 mm (2.0 Ø x 0.8 in.) Weight: 48 g (1.7 oz.) Protection index: IP 40